There are 2 things you need as a business. 1) for customers to know you exist, and 2) to gain their trust for your brand.
1: Making the customers know that you exist
When you were a kid, your mom always tell you to never talk to strangers. Fast Forward to today, you don’t talk to anyone, what more to trust, if you don’t know who they are. Similar to business, they can’t sell or buy from you if they don’t know you. It’s that simple. So, this point involves just stepping back, and asking the question, “how do you introduce your real estate brand?”
There are a few ways to go about this.
First, understand your customers. If you wanted to sell something, where would you start? Would you go online and search for solutions? If so, then you need to have a website that ranks well in search channels. That would be the right direction to go for. Or are your customers the business types that are always checking their mail? Then maybe an email campaign will be your best option for introduction.
Second, you can ask your past clients, or relevant people, on where they look for solutions and how they found them.
The point is, instead of just doing whatever digital channels are available for you online, think about your specific audience, and ask, “where are they paying attention?” Then invest your time and effort in where they are online so they can see you and will know who you are, and what you offer.
2: Build trust to create a relationship
People will not just share their information, or ask you to come out and take a look at their property in order to make them an offer that easily. It takes time and a lot of effort to make random people trust you.
Trust is an essential part of business that most people forget about or take for granted. Majority of business owners are only focused on getting in front of prospective sellers, but less are focused on building trust with the audience.
Here are a few ways make your customers trust you:
– Create a website that answers all your customers questions that will make you relevant for them and let them know that you know what your doing
– Put testimonials and reviews on your site
– Tell them how to know if they’re a good fit for you. Remember that you cannot be a service for every homeowner (no one is)
– Videos in your website is a good way of introducing yourself, your team, and talking about the service. Something like this will build trust in your brand infinitely more than just seeing stock content.
– Go the extra mile. If they call you, be patient and answer their questions. If you go out to meet them: listen, ask questions, show them that you care.
– Be empathic in your communications and get to know them on a more personal level.
Putting it all together
Remember that your first step is to find where your customers are, so you can be there. Then, after that, you need to find a way to build that trust.
This is a very simple concept and a guide to simplify the way you think about marketing, increasing leads, or growing your real estate business. That by providing a service that solves a real human pain, and communicating how you solve that pain, customers will have that trust to work with you.